Monday, May 13, 2013

My book, The Hidden Chamber In The Great Sphinx



In my first book, The Hidden Chamber in the Great Sphinx, I got my idea for a supercomputer composed of 13 crystal skulls from two sources. 
One source was the fact that quartz is used in the microprocessors in modern day computers. I reasoned that if a microprocessor can store thousands of songs and thousands of books then how much more knowledge could be stored in a piece of quartz the size of a man's skull.

My second source was the fact that a real ancient supercomputer does exist; it is called the Antikythera Mechanism. This device was discovered by sponge divers off the coast of Antikythera Island which is a Greek island. So, I created a fictional supercomputer based upon a real ancient computer and real microprocessor components.

When I write my fiction, I like to base on facts. This takes my fiction into the realm of the possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment