Thursday, April 23, 2015

T is for Nikola Tesla #atozchallenge





Who was Nikola Tesla?
Tesla (1856-1943) was an electrical engineer, mechanical engineer and futurist.
 He was best known for the design of the Alternating Current(AC) electrical supply system. His high-voltage, high-frequency designs were develped to produce wireless electric distribution and wireless lighting.

He was a competitor of Thomas Edison who was a proponent of Direct Current (DC).  Edison won the "War of Currents" between DC and AC currents.
After his death, he fell into obscurity. However, the FBI went to his hotel room and confiscated all of his drawings and papers.

His designed a death ray, which was a particle beam machine. Currently Israel is producing a particle beam which will destroy incoming weapons.

1 comment:

  1. hey that's interesting story. My dh is an electrical engineer so knows all about this guy but I'd not heard of him. There is a famous Australian band called ACDC (or accadakka) but that is about all I know about currents. If I ask my husband he'd tell me all about it but I have a feeling after the first minute I would be lost

    Stopping by from the A to Z challenge. Philipa (aka Ozzypip from www.ozzypipquilts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete